JOB TITLE: Lead Rigger - Memphis
Reports To: Director, AV Services
FLSA Status: Full-Time: Salary Non-exempt
Schedule: Monday – Friday and show specific schedules as necessary
- Delivering on “The Prestige Way”; upholding our Core Values, Company Mission, and Company Vision everywhere the work environment may take you - on the road or at the office.
- Execute on all technical aspects of a production. Work with lead technicians and PAV production managers interfacing directly with equipment, stagehands, and contract labor for events to ensure proper implementation of good and services through the production process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include, but are not limited to…):
- Preps and de-prep Rigging, motors, and truss
- Assist with other prep and deprep as work and schedule dictate
- Ensures proper and safe rigging procedures are followed on all events.
- Leads and oversees Rigging setups and removals.
- Perform functions as a lead rigger, including up-rigging, down-rigging, and crew lead.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs rigging hardware and equipment.
- Reviews Rigging diagrams, plots, plans and assists where needed.
- Work with a PAV Production Manager and/or PAV Lead Technician to implement the technical aspects of a show related to assigned role, set up, and operate related AV equipment.
- Attend site checks as required.
- In addition to Rigging duties and functions as time allows, serves as a technician in variety of roles and disciplines.
- Relay details (financial, creative, & logistic wants/needs) to Director of AV Services/Venues Sales and Account Managers as they change to assist with maintaining an accurate order and bill for clients and venues and overall client satisfaction.
- Execute the timeline for production to ensure event planning stays on schedule.
- Work with Warehouse staff to ensure assets required for event are available in the event that assets are not available, work with project manager and/or Venue TD to acquire needed gear.
- Work with Project Managers, TD, and other event staff for efficient Run of Show.
- Maintain working knowledge of all aspects of event for smooth transition to persons assigned to roles (Lead Technicians: General Session, Plenary, Breakout, Exhibits, etc.)
- Work with Facility Event Managers or PAV CAD/VectorWorks technician to understand the detailed drawings of event per client specifications.
- Update account/project manager on orders so they’re current throughout planning, run of show, and ready for invoicing at end of event.
- Excellent customer service skills, applied to external and internal customers equally.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, persistent and demonstrate the ability to follow through projects to completion.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Capable of working with all levels of show management under minimal supervision.
- Technical and Mechanical Aptitude
- Computer Hardware and Software Proficient
- Ability to run show from concept and implementation, to live show and load out.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in safety policies and procedures for live events industry and related fields.
- Understands safe rigging practices
- Fall protection and arrest equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of Hoist maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge and understanding of truss inspection and systems
- Working knowledge of VectorWorks and other CAD programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to sit; stand or walk for long periods of time (minimum 4 hours); use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; bend, twist, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors in an office and/or warehouse environment and outdoors as necessary and required by certain events. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during move-in days and event days.
Education / Training:
- An associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Applied Science in Live Sound and Show Production, or a closely related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- General education requirements in the areas of communication, social science, natural science, and humanities provide analytical and communication skills as well as a global perspective of diverse cultures.
- ETCP Rigger-Arena certification
- ETCP Electrician certification – preferred but not required
- VectorWorks certified – preferred but not required
- CM hoist technician certified
send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela J. Kortekamp
Lifetime Recruiting Strategies
"Developing Relationships that last a Lifetime"