A Top Accounting firm in the nation is seeking to add a Tax Principal to its staff. Candidate will be responsible for tax planning and review of partnerships in the areas of ownership, operation, financing, and disposition of real estate — both residential and commercial.
- Supervise staff in the preparation of individual, investment partnership, trust tax returns and quarterly and year-end tax projections
- Review tax returns and tax projections
- Research as necessary related to the above
- CPA, MS in Taxation and/or LLM preferred
- 12+ years’ experience working in tax for a public accounting firm or comparable industry experience
- Sr. Management experience
- Strong Partnership experience
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Performs all task related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- -At least five to seven years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research.
- -At least two (2) years experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- -Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers.
- -Bachelor's degree in accounting required, Master's degree in taxation preferred.
- -Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
Does this sound like your calling? Then let us show you how we can put your career in the hands of the best possible person - you…Apply Today!