General Purpose of Position:
Secure and manage profitable insurance agency relationships in assigned territory, and ensure production to agreed upon company production goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a sales plan that results in attainment of corporate goals for assigned territory. Complete sales calls/visits to generate profitable production of insurance products. Responsible for managing continuous growth in sales utilizing effective marketing techniques and agency force management.
- Monitor agency production against planned projections; investigate and explain variations, and adjust projections accordingly; be alert to emerging trends.
- Deliver agency reports to supervisor on time and complete.
- Ensure effectiveness of Home Office / Field cross-functional territory teams with meaningful and frequent communications that will assist each member in their role toward achieving team goals.
- In coordination with Home Office Sales, purposefully plan and prioritize so that time and energies are applied in areas and agencies with increased likelihood of success. Seek out opportunities for improved relations and training opportunities for agencies that will lead to production.
- Recommend corrective but sensible agency actions including closures to maintain healthy and productive territory; maintain professional and positive relations with agency personnel at all times regardless of status.
- Continuously mine territory for new opportunities; make use of demographics and local business activities in prospecting endeavors
- Investigate the specifics of market intelligence; and to the extent possible assess and describe potential impact or relevance of new information. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the competitors in assigned territory including product knowledge, marketing techniques, compensation strategies, etc.
- Frequently visit and train our business partners on product changes, and platform (computer system) changes/enhancements to ensure partner understanding and ease of use when writing business
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university desired, and a minimum of 4 years successful insurance field sales or marketing responsibility and experience; or appropriate equivalent of education and experience maintaining 2 year sales minimum.
- Intermediate working knowledge of property insurance and commercial insurance products. This position will be appointed with handling the Commercial and Personal Lines in the Ohio .Knowledge and experience of Small Commercial Products, BOP, General Liability experience, etc. required. Be known in the property and casualty arena and have personal contacts among the independent agencies; intermediate level understanding of insurance company and / or agency operations, ideally insurance agency or combination.
- Must have effective comprehension, listening, negotiation, presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exercise initiative, exhibit adaptability, service motivation and respect toward differences of others, accepts personal responsibility; ability to learn and teach insurance rating software to individuals and small groups; demonstrated ability to build an agency network (or similar) successfully due to their own efforts. Must be able to organize competitor data, collaborate with multiple sources of information, and prepare reports relevant to management for decision making.
Leads System ! available
Certificates or Licenses: As required by regulatory entities. Relevant professional designations and certifications highly desirable.
- Must possess current driver license in assigned territory and acceptable driving history is required.
- Current Ohio insurance license and the ability to secure required licenses.
This a fantastic opportunity with Bonuses and Awards and Trips for Top Producers!